Questions About MIE Trak™
Which computer do I install the protection block on?
The protection block should be installed into the USB port of a workstation that accesses MIE Trak frequently. If the workstation is running an NT-based operating system (Windows NT, 2000, XP), the Sentinel driver is needed in order for the protection block to be read correct by the operating system. The installation for the Sentinel driver can be found in the Utilities folder of the MIE Trak installation directory.
When entering in employee breaks in the Employee Shift Maintenance, what format must the times be?
The time and duration of the employee break in the scanning menu must always be in regular clock time intervals, even if you have your system parameter set to decimal hours.
How do I set up a coil material in Material Maintenance?
The key elements for setting up coils in MIE Trak:
1. The part size and blank size must have length and width dimensions.
2. The stock size should only have a width (length = 0)
3. A value should be typed for the material thickness.
4. Sell Unit should be "LBS".
5. Ship Unit should be "COIL".
6. Vendor Unit is always 1.
The formula is: Weight Factor = (Weight) / (Width * Length * Thickness)
Ex: A 48" x 120" sheet of 16 Gauge CRS weighs 100 pounds
Weight Factor = 100 / (48 * 120 * 0.0592) = 0.29326201
How do I set up a bar stock material in Material Maintenance?
How do I set up a bar stock material in Material maintenance?
The key elements for setting up bar stock in MIE Trak:
1. Width = 0 for the part size, blank size and stock size.
2. Sell Unit should be "Foot" or "LBS".
3. Ship Unit should be "Length".
4. A value should be entered for the vendor unit, which is the length of the stock size in number of feet if the sell unit is "Foot" or weight of the stock size in number of pounds if the sell unit is "LBS".
5. A value should be typed for Weight Factor, which is the number of pounds per cubic inch.
What parameters should I use when setting up the TT5 (Barcode Keypad) device?
UNIT ADDRESS=050 (Unique # for each device)
What folders/directory within the MIE Trak installation do I need to backup on a regular basis?
any database directories (the name of these folders varies, but it is usually similar to the company's name)